Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tomorrow's the day...

So I've made up my  mind. Tomorrow between afternoon and after work, I'm gonna sign up for the medical billing and coding class. I have decided to go with the UCR Extension's program. I initially wanted to sign up with Career Step but after I learned that UCR has the same curriculum and is a little bit cheaper, I decided to go that route. Tyson from Career Step told me the curriculum is exactly the same.. so I shouldn't be missing out on anything. Today at work I looked at the UCR Extension website and pretended to enroll to see what the process would look like. It turns out that I needed to log in or create an account with the website so I clicked on new user and when I tried to sign up with my e-mail, they told me that my e-mail was already in the system. I called the UCR Extension to ask them if I already have an account with them. I let them know that I am alumni and if that had anything to do with it. They said most likely. I told them the e-mail I tried to create the account with and they were able to pull up my information. Then they e-mailed me an activation link where I could create my password.

After doing so, I logged into the UCR Extension and added the class in my cart. I checked the box indicating that I want the discount instead of the laptop but when I click the checkout button, the tuition prices go back to full price. It doesn't say that I get the discount.. so that's where I stopped with what I was doing. I didn't want to enter in my credit card information because I'm not sure what amount they're going to charge. I called my dad and I told him that I'd go see him after work so we can do this together and that he can see the screen that I'm seeing. Maybe I'm just supposed to enter in my credit card information and I'll be able to see the price changes after? If not, I will just call the UCR Extension back.. or e-mail them back asking them to give me the difference... I do have their phone number and the e-mail for refunds and stuff.. so hopefully I am able to get the discount. I should anyway.. I am enrolling before the end of July. Ahh I hope this is all worth it!!!

OH YEAH, another thing to mention: So I've been submitting my resume to Maxim Staffing which is a temp agency for the medical field. Today someone named Jesse e-mailed me and asked me to send over my resume. I did so, and explained to him that I currently have no medical background experience and that I am interested. I told him that I'm taking classes (well I will be tomorrow) to get certified. I hope that helps me. I haven't gotten an e-mail back.. hopefully my explanation in my e-mail didn't turn him off. I would be sad lol. I really have no leads right now after I get laid off in September so I need all the help I can get. Yesterday I also e-mailed my current agency letting them know my end date and they haven't responded at all. I find that they aren't that reliable and it's best for them to let them contact you when you want. When you try to contact them it might take days to hear back from them. I have no idea why. Are they really that busy? I guess so.... well anyways.

I guess that's all I have to say right now. I am kinda coming down with a cold I think. The bachelorette party I attended this past weekend in Vegas was pretty fun.. which is probably why I got sick :/ Hopefully I'm better by the beginning of August. I don't want to be sick for my friends wedding. I am a bridesmaid! Eeks. Anyways, until next time. You'll most likely hear from me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment