Tuesday, July 16, 2013

HealthCare Partners

So I haven't posted here in a few days. I actually haven't thought of any medical billing and coding schools in that time. I guess I wanted a break from it... plus there was some drama at the house so I wasn't really focused..but I am now. Last Friday, my boyfriend's mom told me to apply for a front desk position at her work. It wouldn't be full-time, it would be considered "per diem" which I guess is like part-time? My boyfriend told me it would be M-F and 4 hours a day. I'm not really sure how I feel about that yet. I'm just guessing I would probably be paid less so that's what I'm worried about. I hope I can keep paying rent and not have it be a problem... but yeah. My boyfriend said that job would be good because then for the rest of time, I can use to study for my class once I officially enroll. But yeah..about my decision, I think I'm leaning more towards UCR now... because it's a little bit cheaper. I think afterall I'm going to take the tuition discount instead of the laptop. I don't need a laptop at this time in my life. I have a macbook.

Plus it would be great to get 325 dollars off. I guess if UCR has the same curriculum as CS, and a better discount deal, then I might as well do that. Plus my dad thinks it would look better on my resume because the school is accredited and CS is not... I want to think that CS is well known too in the medical career world but I do not know that for a fact. I wish I could just ask someone. I want to ask my boyfriend's cousin some questions because he is a RN but my boyfriend doesn't think he'll know anything about it. Well... it wouldn't hurt to ask, right? Oh well. I don't even know I'll next see him. But yeah.. I hope I hear from HealthCare Partners soon.. I think I could really get my foot in the door with that job, even though I would only be working 4 hours a day. Hopefully I can advance up, especially if I take the medical billing and coding course. My boyfriend isn't sure, but he thinks his mom does medical billing too? I don't know. I guess maybe I'll find out in the future. I hope it also works to my advantage that I used my boyfriend's mom as a referral.

I mentioned her name in my application, as well as the quick cover letter I had to write on Friday lol. I hate writing cover letters. I think in the future I'm going to re-write it. I keep looking at examples because my writing has gone rusty... I feel that I wrote a little bit more sophisticated back when I was in high school which is sad, right? :/ Maybe I should read more books.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment