Tuesday, July 9, 2013

American College of Medical Coders (ACOMC)

I forgot to mention that I found another online school. I found it on yahoo answers somehow. I doubt I'm gonna go here but I just wanted to mention what I found. It offers an online course and also a traditional course. The online course is cheaper than the traditional course. I wonder what the difference is... do both teach the exact same things? I wouldn't want to take the traditional course for this class though. On their website it mentions that they meet once a week for 6 hours!! Even though it's 6 hours its almost a full work day!! Yeah I think I'd be brain-dead. Online classes are just starting to seem more and more appealing... the online class costs 1499 (cheaper than Career Step) and 2499 for the traditional class..which is still cheaper than Career Step. I don't really know why I'm mentioning this school. For some reason it just seems hard to find schools that teach this course traditionally. I guess if I were to find a good prestigious school that offered outpatient and inpatient medical billing and coding with everything I'm looking for, I would probably consider it as well.

I thought it would be UCR but the people on the other line just sounds iffy.. the program manager Jennifer Campbell keeps spamming my inbox with automated e-mails about information about the course that I have already read on the website! I wish she would stop. Hopefully there is a unsubscribe button or something. I think she only really replied to like 1 of my e-mails that wasn't automated lol. But yeah.. kind of sucks that I have to judge a course by the program "manager" lol, no offense but she doesn't sound like she knows what she's talking about in the e-mails if all she's doing is basically copying and pasting the website in e-mail format...

No comments:

Post a Comment