Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Making myself a hard copy of the class.

So since my Career Step access expires in a year, I decided to copy and paste it all into a word document and print it out for my own hard copy. I figured.. if I'm spending this much money on a course, I should be able to go back to it any time I want to, right? So far, I only have the first 2 modules printed out, quizzes and all. It helps too because I get to review the first 2 modules that I already learned. The first module was just an introduction to the course and an overview of the website so it wasn't too important. The second module was about computer knowledge.. so still, not that important as it hasn't touched on anything really medical coding and billing related. I finally just want to get into the good stuff! The 3rd module is when I should finally begin learning something. After I complete the 3rd module, I'm going to copy it into a word document. The only thing about it is that it takes forever! The 3rd module is definitely going to be over 120 pages if I continue to type it out at the font and size that I'm using.

Who knows, for the next modules, I may just change the font and make the size small or something so I don't waste too much paper. But then again, I'm using scratch paper that I collect at work so at least I'm not using new printer paper or anything. But yeah... today for a few hours I was copying my work onto word and it took forever. I literally stopped working just to do class stuff. Hopefully my co-worker wasn't too annoyed, but then again, I don't think she has the right to be. She knows I'm a hard worker and that of the 2 of us, I'm the one that's there more of the time. She's always randomly out. Pretty much almost once a week. That can get pretty annoying... anyway. I guess we'll see how I feel about when to copy the class onto word. I need to find a shorter way to say that. "Make a hard copy of Module #x"? Or just.. "make a hard copy" <- I guess that works lol. But yeah. I looked into the study planner and I have a goal of completing the class by June 30, 2014, which means I have a goal of completing the class a month early.

Maybe I can complete it sooner, because when I look at the schedule, according to the schedule, I don't have to start the 3rd module until August 12th... I don't know if I want to take that long of a break. I may just have to adjust the study planner and maybe put in a goal of finishing by the end of May instead if I want to follow a schedule to stay on track. But yeah. I'm pretty sure I'm going to start the 3rd module tomorrow. It's like 79 pages so I probably won't finish it..but at least I can get it started.. and I'll probably make a hard copy of it at the same time.. to save time. And of course I have to copy down all the correct answers to the quizzes and stuff and use it as a study guide later. But yeah, anyways! Oh and the program mananger at UCR-E finally got back to me and told me that they made the $325 adjustment. I just don't know if or when I'll see the change in my bank account. I hope I do.. otherwise I have no idea of knowing.. until maybe I see my statement?

Hmm..but yeah.. oh and my textbooks are coming soon! I got an email from UPS and they said that my package is supposed to arrive August 2nd! I think that's this Friday. Maybe I can go visit my parents and pick it up and then go back to my boyfriend's after work or something. Yeah... this is all very exciting to me. I like taking classes again. At first I was a little uncomfortable with it because it takes me a day or 2 to adjust to the change but so far I like it. It gives me something to think about and do..so I can get my mind off other things that have been eating me up inside so I guess that's good. But anyway.. until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment