Sunday, July 7, 2013

Doing my research all over again

Current schools I'm looking at:

-  Career Step (pros: prepares for ICD-10, free laptop or ipad2 or $300 off tuition, job placement after graduation/cons: most expensive)

- UCR extension (pros: prepares for ICD-10, free laptop or $325 off tuition, 1 on 1 consultation assistance online to help prepare and look for employment but not exactly job placement or can guarantee a job/cons: Jennifer Campbell may be an unreliable source even though she is the program manager. I will just have to call and find out for myself.)

- Cal State LA (pros: a bit cheaper than CS and UCR, in a real classroom setting/cons: would have to drive to LA, pay for a parking permit)

- Pasadena City College (pros: much cheaper than the first 3 schools mentioned/cons: need to take 3 classes instead of 1)

- Cal State Long Beach (although I'm certain I wouldn't go to this school anyway. It's a bit farther than the other schools...) (pros: / cons: far )

I think tomorrow or sometime this week, I'm going to call up each school and ask them my questions. I think it will help me figure out my decision faster than trying to google everything. I guess that's just one of my flaws. I'm not really a phone person.. which is why I'd make a horrible receptionist. I mean I already know that. I've been a front desk receptionist before and I would always be horrified when the phone would ring lol. At least I was only an on-call receptionist, meaning that I didn't have to go in everyday.. I only got called in to cover for the main receptionist every time she had a day off or whatever. But yeah, maybe that just  means its worse because every time I had to go back in, it was like I kind of had to be trained all over again.. but not really. I mean I still had my notes and everything but transferring calls and such was still kind of difficult. I guess it got easier after a while because there were 2 times when I had to work a straight week of it and I guess I got used to it.

But now it's been a while since I had to work there. Hopefully after my job ends in September, I don't get calls from that place because I really don't want to go back. Maybe if they do call me, I will just decline, but if I'm desperate for money, I may  just say yes (UGH UGH UGH) lol. Anyway...I don't want my brain or head to explode from thinking about this too much. Or should I really drop everything I'm doing and figure out which school to go to ASAP? The only reason I want to hurry up and decide is just in case I do decide to go with CS or UCR, that I can get my free laptop lol. I don't even know if the laptop is good or anything but that would be nice.. to get a new toy lol. Ugh... yeah. Hopefully the next time I update this, I will have more answers from talking to people on the phone.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment